It’s no secret that I love Satsuma Street design, like this one and this one. This year, I bought Mister Cat after ogling it for what feels like ages. On Etsy, you can buy either the PDF pattern or the kit; I bought the kit from 123Stitch since I already had an order going.
What I liked:
- it’s a Halloween cat, duh
- her designs are always so colourful and fun
- the kit came with black perforated paper, so I didn’t have to buy a whole package of it
What I didn’t like:
- the black perforated paper was a bit of a pain to see (like black aida cloth, so no surprise there)
- I ran short of three – count ’em, three – colours of the threads included. I am not a novice stitcher who has no idea how to get the most out of her materials, and I didn’t have to unpick and waste any thread, so WTH, people? One, I might understand, but three?
And because I’m a masochistic weirdo, I documented my progress in a series of photographs and turned them into a stop-motion video:
I’m pretty happy with how he came out, despite my issues with the kit. I might have to leave him out year-round just to enjoy him.
Thanks for looking – Happy Halloween! 🙂
2 thoughts on “Creepy? Nah. Kooky? Sure!”
aw, that’s lame the kit was short on the colors, but the kitty came out cute anyways 🙂
Thank you! 🙂 I’ve got a few cross-stitched Halloween pieces that stay out all year without looking really out-of-place, and I think he might be the next addition to that select group.